Breasts that are youthful in appearance have a well-defined perky shape, taut skin, and nipples positioned above the inframammary folds (the bottom folds of the breasts). Several factors can change the way your breasts look including pregnancy, breastfeeding, heredity, fluctuations in weight, and aging. As a result, you may notice that your breasts have become stretched, heavy, or pendulous and that your nipples have drifted below the bottom folds of your breasts. Asymmetry is another common complaint that can be addressed with a breast lift.
Dr. Michael J. Brucker conducts breast lift procedures for La Jolla and Del Mar patients to rejuvenate their appearance in a natural-looking and attractive way. Through the procedure, he:
- Raises the position of the nipples.
- Reduces excess skin.
- Reshapes the breasts.
- Improves symmetry.
Dr. Brucker has spent more than 15 years in practice providing La Jolla and Del Mar patients with excellent, attentive care. As a board-certified plastic surgeon with a focus on the breasts, body, and face, he combines a high degree of technical expertise and a detailed understanding of aesthetics in his procedures. He provides patients with results that are beautiful, natural, and more youthful-looking.
How Dr. Brucker Performs a Breast Lift
During your initial consultation, Dr. Brucker will take the time to learn what you want to achieve, discuss various treatment options, and compare the merits of each. Here are some of the common topics he typically discusses with breast lift patients in La Jolla and Del Mar:
- Because breasts lifts do not increase fullness or breast size, Dr. Brucker often combines a breast lift with breast augmentation. An augmentation isn’t necessarily meant to increase the size of the breast. Instead, it is a means of giving the upper breasts a gentle fullness that is a hallmark of a youthful appearance.
- As an experienced plastic surgeon who has conducted over 5,000 procedures, Dr. Brucker follows a common sense and conservative approach to care. He integrates new techniques and technologies only after they have been proven safe and advantageous to patients. As an example: some surgeons only perform “short scar lifts”, “crescent lifts”, “Benelli lifts”, or “periareolar lifts” to make breast lift incisions as small as possible. Not all patients are good candidates for these types of breast lifts, but he does perform these types of lifts for those who are. These short-scar lifts are ideal for women needing a very minimal lift. Performing these lifts on inappropriate candidates can cause the front of the breast to appear flattened, the nipples to appear elongated or oblong in shape, and/or cause the scars around the areola to look gathered or tethered and more noticeably widened and uneven.
In Dr. Brucker’s experience, for most women “circumvertical lifts” also known as “lollipop lifts” or “full lifts”, give La Jolla and Del Mar breast lift patients a better, more aesthetically pleasing breast shape and less noticeable scars over time.
For patients considering an augmentation with their breast lift, Dr. Brucker offers Vectra 3D imaging. This is a new technology which allows patients to see how they might look after surgery with their breasts lifted and with various sizes and shapes of implants.
Dr. Brucker agrees that “patients absolutely love this technology because for the first time, it enables them to see a 3D picture of themselves with a new look. Because it is in 3D, the image can be rotated to any viewpoint and patients can really examine the desired result. We can make changes here and there and agree on a final look in advance, and this truly helps them in the decision-making process and helps ensure that there are no surprises after surgery.”
There will be a thorough discussion about the options available to you and the special techniques Dr. Brucker utilizes to achieve the result you desire during your initial consultation.
Try it now for yourself and see! Click the banner below:
Your Experience with Breast Lift
Dr. Brucker will conduct your breast lift in our AAAASF-certified operating room. This accreditation demonstrates the high level of care you can expect before, during, and after your procedure. In addition to the high standards required for this certification, the advantage of performing surgery on-site is that we can offer a more personalized approach and a more private and comfortable environment than in a hospital setting. For your safety and peace of mind, our operating rooms, equipment, and staff are certified to meet the same rigorous standards as hospital operating rooms.
During the surgery:
- Dr. Brucker will use general anesthesia so you can sleep through the entire procedure comfortably.
- He will revise the position and shape of the nipples and the shape of the breasts to meet the goals you set out during your initial consultation.
- He can optionally add fullness by performing a breast augmentation. Dr. Brucker employs the KELLER FUNNEL® during this process to increase safety even further.
After a breast lift procedure, La Jolla, and Del Mar patients usually take medication to control discomfort for about 1 to 4 days. If your work is not strenuous, you may be able to return to work after that point. However, Dr. Brucker advises you to stay away from certain activities, including exercise, for about one week. If an augmentation is done at the same time, exercise may be resumed after about 3 weeks. This will give your incisions time to heal and allow any residual swelling to reduce. The results of your surgery should be breasts that are firmer, fuller, lifted, and younger-looking.
If aging, pregnancy or other causes have affected the shape, symmetry, and fullness of your breasts, schedule an appointment to discuss breast lift with Dr. Brucker. La Jolla and Del Mar patients can contact our offices online or by phone at 858-707-7517.