Cellulite causes aesthetic concerns for both men and women, though these problems are more common with women. Based on research, up to 70% of women will report challenges with cellulite at some point in their lives. Even though it is a prevalent cosmetic issue, cause of cellulite include factors that tend to be out of our control—age, genetics, and hormones— which makes preventing cellulite difficult.
Dr. Michael J. Brucker provides a ground breaking Cellfina™ cellulite treatment to his La Jolla patients to improve areas that cellulite commonly affects, such as the buttocks and back of the thighs. Cellfina™ is an FDA-cleared approach to resolving a specific type of cellulite: “dimpled cellulite.” Dr. Brucker offers the procedure because it is minimally invasive, extremely effective, and able to achieve results where diet and exercise may have failed. Results are proven to last 3 years—no other cellulite treatment on the market can deliver this result.
The Purpose of Cellulite Treatment
Cellulite is normal fat that gives the skin a lumpy, wavy, or hollowed appearance. When fat near the surface of the skin pushes against the connective tissue, it can cause the skin to gather, or “dimple,” in a way that can detract from otherwise smooth, tight, and well-contoured look.
Cellfina™ was created to address this dimpling effect. It is an alternative to a more invasive approach that doctors had been using for decades. Through a brief in-office procedure, Dr. Brucker uses the Cellfina™ device to release the tissue bands connecting the fat to the skin. The process reduces dimpling in a way that offers a much more comfortable experience and short recovery.
With Cellfina™ cellulite treatment, La Jolla patients can:
- Enjoy firmer, smoother skin and a noticeable improvement in the affected areas.
- Diminish the appearance of cellulite for up to three years.
- Easily fit this into a busy schedule with a one-day recovery and a one hour procedure.
How Dr. Brucker Performs Cellulite Treatment
During your initial consultation, Dr. Brucker will examine your areas of concern and talk with you about options for your care, including Cellfina™. He will also review how the procedure works and answer any questions you may have.
La Jolla patients have cellulite treatment in one of Dr. Brucker’s AAAASF-certified operating rooms and kept comfortable with local anesthesia. In general:
- The procedure takes about 45 minutes to treat 10-20 dimples.
- Dr. Brucker uses the Cellfina™ device which is a small handheld device to apply both the local anesthesia and release the fat-retaining connective tissue just below the skin.
- You should notice a smoother appearance within three days of receiving your treatment and results continue to improve over time.
Cellfina™ is an efficient, minimally-invasive process, and Dr. Brucker recommends it to patients because of its high precision and effectiveness.
Your Experience with Cellulite Treatment
As a patient of Dr. Brucker’s La Jolla practice, you will benefit from the attention of a caring and experienced staff. Should you have questions or concerns at any point, please don’t hesitate to discuss them with our team.
- Dr. Brucker will focus on the areas that you and he have targeted for improvement.
- For your comfort we provide you with headphones and you can use your mobile device for distraction and entertainment while you have the procedure performed.
- Most patients describe the intermittent applications of the Cellfina™ device as very manageable: a “1” or “2” out of 10 on the discomfort scale.
Recovering from your procedure is also relatively fast and comfortable. Most patients can return to work and normal daily activities within one or two days. Expect to wear a light compressive garment for about 2 weeks. During this time, you may experience some swelling and bruising. It is advisable to avoid the sun before and after your treatment to ward off temporary hyperpigmentation.
Once these signs of Cellfina™ cellulite treatment have faded, you should see noticeable results: tighter and smoother skin in place of cellulite dimples. These changes are FDA- studied to last for up to 3 years and be relatively permanent.
Cellulite treatment offers La Jolla patients more aesthetically pleasing features with a minimally-invasive procedure. Find out more by scheduling an appointment with Dr. Brucker online or by phone at 858-707-7517.